Dr. V, MSc ND
" I don't treat conditions, I treat people "
Dr. V is a bilingual (Franšais-English) licensed naturopathic physician who completed her studies at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine. Prior to her medical studies, she completed a BSc in honors Microbiology and a MSc in Virology with the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Alberta.
Dr. V is open to receiving patients with any condition, but has a keen interest in chronic disease (specifically autoimmune disease, infectious disease, and neurological disorders) and environmental health. Many chronic conditions can be extremely complex to understand as there are multiple factors involved and finding the trigger for your particular condition can be elusive. However, Dr. V prides herself on finding the true cause underlying your current disease and helping you make the necessary changes to overcome your illness. Whether it be detoxifying your body of toxic metals, strengthening your immune system to overcome/prevent infection, decreasing inflammation in your body to prevent the progression of disease, resetting your body's neural network to bring your body back to it's original healthy state, the methods are endless but finding the right one is what Dr. V will help you figure out.
Her past studies make her uniquely qualified to undertake the care and understanding of these conditions. If she can't immediately give you an answer to your questions, you can trust that she will pursue every avenue at her disposal to find an answer and to restore your health and well-being.
Dr. V has the following tools at her disposal to aid in your recovery or your search for optimal health:
- Clinical nutrition - Acupuncture
- Botanical medicine - Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Homeopathy - Intravenous therapy
- Physical medicine - Chelation
- Lifestyle counselling - Neural therapy
Dr. V is currently a member of the following associations:
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta (CNDA)
- College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
what is naturopathy
what is naturopathy
"When was the last time
a doctor spent an hour with you? "
Naturopathic medicine is a unique primary health care system that blends modern scientific knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine. Naturopathic medicine focuses on stimulating the body's own innate healing ability through the use of natural medicine to enable optimal health. As per our philosophy, naturopathic medicine treats the underlying cause of the disease rather than focusing only on the symptoms.
Naturopathic physicians have a minimum of 7 years of post-secondary education, including a bachelor's degree followed by 4 years at an accredited naturopathic medical school (for which there are only 2 such schools in Canada). Naturopathic doctors can treat and prevent many illnesses, from the common cold to severe chronic disease.
What can Naturopathy Do For YouThere are typically three types of patients that seek naturopathic medical care:
1. Patients that are looking for disease prevention and health promotion strategies.
- Are you already healthy and are looking for ways to further optimize your health?
- Is there a condition that runs in your family that you would like to prevent from getting yourself?
2. Patients that have a range of symptoms that they have been unable to address on their own or with the help of other medical practitioners.
- Do you have symptoms that don't even seem to make sense?
- Do you feel like you have so many unanswered questions that you are at a loss at what you need to do next?
- Do you feel alone in your journey to recovery?
- Do you feel like you need a second opinion?
3. Patients that have been diagnosed with an illness and are looking for alternative or integrative treatments.
- Are you unhappy with your current treatment plan and want to try an alternative method?
- Are you taking medications or will be undergoing surgery and would like to find a way to minimize any potential side effects?
What ever the reason for your visit, Dr. V will be more than happy to help you in your journey.
First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere)Naturopathic doctors (NDs) choose remedies and therapies that are safe and effective, to increase your health and decrease harmful side effects.
The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae)NDs aid in utilizing the healing power of your own body and the healing power of natural remedies to overcome illness.
Identify and Treat the Cause (Tolle Causam)A NDs primary goal is to determine and treat the underlying cause of your illness rather than simply managing or suppressing the symptoms.
Treat the Whole PersonYour nutritional status, lifestyle, family history, feelings, environmental stresses, and physical health are all carefully evaluated and addressed.
Doctor as Teacher (Docere)NDs help you in understanding both your illness and your road to recovery.
Disease Prevention and Health PromotionNDs apply all of the above principles in a proactive form of disease prevention and health promotion.
services & pricing
pricingInitial Naturopathic Consultation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $165 +gst
Return Visit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $82.50 +gst
Acupuncture . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . $75 +gst
Call 780-651-7365 to book an appointment or book online